Group Tax Accountant
Hybrid working between home and Bamber Bridge or Barrow in Furness
Our client is the in-house tax team of a large international group. They seek a Group Tax Accountant for a role which reports to a Group Tax Manager and a Head of Tax. In this role you will be assist in the tax compliance cycle for the Group. You will also assist in annual tax reporting, quarterly forecasting, SAO reporting and on tax projects and ad-hoc queries. This role would suit someone looking for a first move into industry from practice. This company would also consider a more experienced person looking for flexible or part time working and a local position.
Your key responsibilities would include:
• Preparation of tax accounts for UK statutory accounts
• Preparation of year end tax computations
• Assistance with month end group tax reporting
• Assistance with group year end and half year audit reporting
• Assisting with ad-hoc VAT and employment tax queries across the group
• Calculation of QIPS and quarterly tax rate forecasts
• Monitoring of overseas tax compliance in overseas subsidiaries
• Assistance with tax team on ad-hoc project work
• Assisting in SAO compliance cycle
What do you need?
• ACA, ICAS or CTA qualified, part-qualified or equivalent
• Experience in a tax function either in a large practice or in-house
• Practical experience of dealing with Direct taxes
• Strong track record of maintaining an excellent relationship with HMRC on both regular compliance and detailed tax matters
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience in Alphatax preferred but not essential.
What makes this a really great move is a management team which will mentor you and help you to develop and progress. The business also offers great flexible working and hybrid working (1 day a week in the office minimum). Friendly team and support for ongoing study and CPD. Free car parking.