Your new company
Founded in 1949, the Liebherr Group comprises over 140 companies on all continents and employs 47,925 people. The Liebherr Group is a technology company with a broadly diversified product programme. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of construction machines, but also offers high-quality, use-oriented products and services in many other fields.
At Liebherr Great Britain we offer secure employment, an attractive working environment, and a wide variety of jobs: from trainee occupations and apprenticeships to numerous opportunities for experienced professionals. As a family-owned company, Liebherr believes in a long-term orientation with steady growth and progress. This applies both to individual employee development and to advances in research and innovation or to trend themes like Industry 4.0. Join us in working for the future!
Your new role The role contributes to the success and profitability of Liebherr-Great Britain and Liebherr Ireland by producing accurate monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual financial reports and provides ongoing monitoring and controlling of actual costs against budgets whilst ensuring that all financial practices are within the framework for regulatory compliance whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company's key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities, includes but not limited to:-
* Assist Financial Management with treasury, corporate tax, VAT and all Liebherr International and statutory reporting.
* Ensure that actual vs. budgets are monitored and controlled.
* Ensure that all financial transactions are recorded in line with Liebherr International policy and IFRS.
* Provide support to the operational teams with Profit and Loss analysis (KER reporting).
* Reconcile all balance sheet accounts accurately on a monthly basis.
* Production of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports.
* Assist with the internal and external audit process.
* Assist Financial Management with the control of the company fleet.
* Assist with Fixed Asset management.
* To provide assistance and support to other Liebherr-Great Britain accounts and administration employees.
* To provide assistance to the operational divisions of the business.
* Develop relationships within Liebherr-Great Britain to assist with the profitability of the business
* Maintains a reputable reputation by ensuring that all financial matters are legally compliant.
* Supports other employees in the business to ensure that Liebherr-Great Britain achieves its targets.
* Provide management information to facilitate informed business decisions
* Alert senior management to any issues / errors discovered in a timely manner.
* Identify any improvements to systems that are required and communicate them to senior management with suggested solutions.
* Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post.
What you'll need to succeed
* GCSE grade A - C or 9 - 4 in four or more subjects including English language and Mathematics
* A level or equivalent standard qualification
* AAT Level 4 Qualification or equivalent
* Experienced with accounting software.
* Experience in a similar accounting role
* Ability to use own initiative
* Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment.
* Ability to use excel at intermediate to high level (to include look ups and pivot tables).
* Be able to travel UK & Ireland as required to support business requirements.
* To be able to travel overseas as required
* Keep up to date on technical skills and knowledge
* Attends training as required
* Smart and well presented
* Team player
* Good communicator at all levels
* Flexible approach to work
* Ability to develop customer relationship skills.
* Fully qualified or working towards membership of professional accounting body.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email me at
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.