This role is outward facing and 75% + of the activities within the role involve business partnering. This role works autonomously with Commercial and Finance teams to implement commercially driven VAT advice. In addition, this role will be directly facing external stakeholders, including customers, vendors and tax authorities. Building strong long-term relationships is key to this role. The purpose of this role is to provide subject matter expertise in global transactions taxes. The role holder gives commercial advice to business teams on contracts, supply chains and new activities. The role holder will also ensure that transaction tax risks are identified, assessed and remediated.
* To provide global advice to businesses and support functions on transactions, changes to supply chains, new activities etc. The role holder will identify and assess tax risks and opportunities and support the businesses with implementing any changes that are needed. They will take a lead role in messaging any tax changes to vendors and customers.
* To review global contracts to identify and assess risk and opportunities. They will work with Legal, Procurement and Commercial teams to make any necessary changes to contract wording and transaction structure.
* To work with Commercial and Finance teams to review existing global supply chains and activities to ensure that these are compliant with local transaction tax laws. To support the businesses to enable appropriate remediation steps.
* To work closely with the business teams to draft tax authority correspondence and prepare disclosures etc in all jurisdictions in which group operates.
* Overall management of global tax authority audits, working closely with business teams.
* Identify and assess future legal changes and support the Commercial and Finance teams with the implementation of these.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.