I have partnered with an instantly recognisable household brand to hire a Senior Tax Manager to deputise the Head of Tax on an 18 month contract. The current Senior Manager is going on an internal secondment project and this role will cover their position in the interim. This is a very senior and pivotal position in the tax team that will see you take responsibility for oversight of all compliance activities across corporate tax, VAT and employment tax with 2 direct reports.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Tax Senior Manager will be:
* Overseeing compliance processes to ensure the group's global tax obligations are met.
* Signing off returns, audit disclosures and tax payments.
* Ensuring reliefs, claims and elections are optimised to minimise cash tax liabilities.
* Identifying changes in relevant tax legislation and determining actions required.
* Identifying the tax needs of wider business projects and delivering timely advice that supports wider business objectives.
* Identifying and effectively tracking risks through to remediation, focusing on addressing the root cause of weaknesses.
* Driving a strong control environment within the team whilst providing guidance and support to the business on how to mitigate tax risks.
* Coaching junior team members.
* Providing valued feedback to the team and supporting their growth and development.
* Driving a strong relationship with HMRC and other tax authorities, including coordinating responses to correspondence and encouraging dispute resolution.
* Proactively managing advisor involvement where external support required.
The offices are in Crawley and they ideally need office attendance 3 days per week.
Ideally ASAP start date but they might be able to wait for the right candidate.