ROLE: Customs & Finance Analyst
SALARY: up-to £45,000
LOCATION: London OR Manchester (2 in the office, 3 at home)
An exciting opportunity working for a multinational group as a Customs & Finance Analyst has come to the market. You will be accountable for ensuring the Group complies with its statutory customs obligations as a result of trade and transactions outside of Great Britain (GB) for their Food, Clothing & Home and eCommerce business areas.
This role sits within the Tax Team and will play a pivotal role in value creation, value protection and supporting business objectives with a focus on adding value to all business areas by helping them make data-driven decisions and understand what is driving commercial performance.
Given the size of the business, you will also work closely with the wider Finance team as internal communication, development and promotion is always prioritised. Therefore, should it interest the relevant candidate, there will be opportunities to move into and work with their core finance team.
* Ensuring all processes are in place and documented to allow for the satisfaction of all requirements relating to preferential tariff treatments for all areas of the International business.
* and the accurate payment of customs liabilities outside of GB, within Ireland and EU.
* Ensuring robust processes and controls are maintained for duty liabilities, as well as managing Supplier Declarations to support all preferential tariff treatments into Ireland.
* Supporting the Customs Manager in the management of compliance of customs duty obligations and with all verification/enquiries/audits from relevant customs authorities outside of HMRC.
* Supporting the Customs Manager to manage post import amendments to the relevant customs authorities (reclaims and voluntary disclosures).
* Assisting the Customs Managers to provide practical and timely advice to the commercial teams on the tax impact of specific business transactions.
* Supporting business partners within the Business Support Centre in the management of post import reconciliations.
The ideal candidate will have experience of Customs compliance work, ideally with knowledge of Union Customs code or have a keen interest/passion for this. You must also be a self-starter who is comfortable working with cross-functional teams.
BENEFITS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Hybrid working policy (2 in the office, 3 at home)
* 20% Bonus
* Generous pension scheme
* Company discounts (20%)
Please send your CV for consideration. Or for more information, please contact me on or on 07562514078.