Mixed Tax Manager
Family Office of HNW Family (South West)
This role would provide ideal progression for a Tax Manager or Tax Senior from a small or medium sized practice who is looking for the next step in their career.
Private client experience dealing with the tax compliance for Shareholders, Directors and their related OMBs is highly advantageous.
The successful candidate will be adaptable, creative and ready for a role that is a little different from the norm.
Reporting directly to the Deputy Head of Office in charge of compliance, you will manage day-to- day tax compliance, including direct supervision of a Senior Tax Assistant.
This is an interesting and varied role with a strong Personal Tax bias. We require sound practice experience but offer more scope to develop your skills and grow your expertise. You will be involved in transactions from planning, through implementation and on to reporting. Whilst your key responsibility will be tax compliance, there is ample opportunity to expand your tax advisory knowledge and experience. There are also opportunities for occasional travel within the UK and overseas.
On offer is a hands-on role working within a supportive team environment. For the right candidate there is a clear route for progression to a senior management position equivalent to Partner level in a small practice.
You will be expected to:
- Work closely with the Family’s external tax advisers (UK and worldwide).
- Ensure all the Family’s personal tax records are maintained, required claims and returns areprepared and payments are made accurately and in a timely manner.
- Identify tax reportable items or tax issues, as they arise. Source solutions and/or flag to seniormanagement team.
- Work closely with internal teams and external advisers on the tax aspects of an extensive portfolio of tax efficient and venture capital investments.
- Ensure all necessary tax compliance is completed for UK Trusts. Manage the Trust Register ensuring updates are processed as required.
- Assist the Deputy Head of Office with IHT compliance for UK Trusts and Family members.
- Review VAT Returns for a variety of trading companies from a tax compliance perspective.
- Assist the Deputy Head of Office with the ongoing roll-out of MTD (VAT/IncomeTax/Corporation Tax).
- Review draft Corporation Tax computations for a variety of companies.
- Support Finance Team with responses to technical enquiries and requests for information.
- Undertake project work as required.
- Ensure that your CPD record is well maintained.We are looking for an individual who:
- Is a confident and proficient tax adviser, CTA qualified, with Personal Tax experience within a practice environment. We would consider applications from ATT qualified tax advisers with significant practice experience.
- Has some experience of Corporation Tax and VAT, with knowledge of CIS being an advantage.
- Can proactively prioritise both their own work and the overall portfolio of the tax team.
- Can demonstrate skills in problem solving and thorough investigation of tax issues to find thebest solution.
- Has integrity, discretion and the ability to deal with confidential information.
- Has excellent administration and communication skills (both written and verbal with attention todetail).
- Is tactful, diplomatic and approachable, with the ability to deal assertively with a wide range ofpeople.
- Has excellent IT skills, including a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience ofusing accounting software is advantageous.
- Is flexible and willing to learn.
- Enjoys working on their own or as part of a wider team, being a team player is key.
What is on offer:
- A role with no requirement to complete timesheets!
- An attractive salary commensurate with experience with a guaranteed annual salary and bonusreview.
- Following an initial training/probationary period you will be given the option to work from homefor a period of time each week, the number of days will be dependent on the needs of the
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Option to make additional pension contributions through salary sacrifice
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Individual BUPA cover
- Life insurance 4 x gross salary
- Payment of your annual professional qualification membership subscription
- Our commitment to provide you with ongoing CPD to enhance your knowledge, skills andexperience
- Cycle to work benefit scheme
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme
- Car parking
- Relocation package possible
Please get in touch to discuss this excellent and rare opportunity