An exciting opportunity to join a mining business based in Central London as a Tax Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, you will be working on group projects such as M&A, restructuring and financing as well as overseeing corporate tax compliance and supporting on tax authority audits.
This is a newly created role, which will be shaped in line with future business needs.
* Support on tax authority audits
* Support on Group Projects, including restructuring, M&A, financing etc.
* Analysis of new tax legislation to determine impact for the Group
* Working with local governments and industry groups
* Review of corporation tax filings prepared by local teams
* Review of tax calculations for tax reporting, forecasting and budget process
* Responsibility for review of corporate income tax returns and timely submission for all UK companies.
* Ad hoc advice and support for all other tax types in the UK such as VAT, PAYE, IR35 etc.
* Supporting any tax process improvements projects as required
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in tax, either with a professional services company or within industry.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good organisation and time management skills.
* A team player with an ability to work closely with others and contribute to team objectives.
* Self-starter/takes initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work with diverse teams in different locations.
* High levels of integrity and accountability.
* Ability to influence without authority.