Leading law firm looking to recruit a partnership Tax Manager for its city based London office.
Your new role
Managing the Tax Compliance:
* Managing a small team to deliver timely and efficient tax compliance
* Managing the preparation of the end of year profit sharing information produced for tax purposes
* Managing the preparation of the Firm's UK Partnership Tax Computations including a detailed review of the work completed by the team
* Managing the preparation of the Firm's UK Corporate Tax Computations and Returns for the companies within the group
* Preparing the Tax Disclosure Note and Reconciliation of the Corporate Tax Creditor in the group accounts
* Reviewing of non-UK resident Partners' UK Tax Returns prepared in-house by the team
* Liaising with our adviser in the UK with regards to the preparation of the UK resident Partners' UK tax returns to ensure they receive the necessary information in a timely basis for the completion of the returns
* Managing the tax compliance for some Continental European Offices, Ireland and Australia
* Liaising with third party advisers and local finance managers to ensure all aspects of tax compliance in Continental Europe, Ireland and Australia is achieved on a timely basis
* Ensure that all tax payments are made on time and tax refunds are obtained in a timely fashion
* Ensuring the necessary tax handover work is completed for incoming and departing Partners respectively
Managing the Transfer Pricing Documentation for the Firm:
* Providing support to the Senior Tax Manager in coordinating with advisors to ensure proper and timely updating and maintenance of the transfer pricing documentation for the Firm on an annual basis, including the Country by Country Reporting Annual Report
* Responsible for managing and reviewing the preparation and maintenance of the documentation of the Firm's structure as needed for transfer pricing purposes
* Responsible for coordinating the firm's response to the requirements under Pillar 2
* Potential to be involved in the firm's global mobility work, including but not limited to formal partner and staff secondments, the assessment of the impact of remote workers; providing input to the senior leadership of the firm.
* Communication with Partners to answer tax related questions including meeting with new and departing partners.
* Potential to be involved in VAT work including, but not limited to, reviewing VAT returns and answering ad hoc queries on VAT.
* Manage the annual process of setting tax reserving rates for partners and potential to be involved, at a reviewing level, in the annual tax reserve reconciliation process and ongoing maintenance of the tax reserves.
* Any other duties that arise from time to time that may be reasonably required
* All members of the firm participate in our Responsible Business program
What you'll need to succeed
The candidate should be educated to Degree level or equivalent, with an accounting or tax qualification. Experience of partnership tax, international tax and VAT would be useful, but none of these is a prerequisite.
* Analytical ability - dealing with complex problems and large amounts of data
* Team Management - experience of managing a team including delegation, reviewing work of other members of the team and ensuring team deadlines are met.
* Communication skills - explaining technical issues clearly, both orally and in writing, to colleagues in finance, partners and external advisers
* Organisational ability - prioritising tasks to meet internal and statutory deadlines
* Attention to detail - ensuring work is prepared to a high standard
* Initiative - anticipating issues and identifying improvements to processes and procedures
* Tact and diplomacy - dealing appropriately with sensitive personal data relating to Partners
* The candidate should demonstrate either experience of, or appropriate aptitude and interest in working in an international tax environment
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office - in particular Excel - is essential
Experience of 3E or, similar accounting software, and CCH, or similar tax return preparation software, would be useful.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.