One of my all time favourite in-house teams is looking for a new hire. This role is for a qualified tax professional who will help manage the process to deliver internal direct tax reporting / tax forecasting and external UK tax compliance; ensuring that core systems are fit for purpose for direct tax including Making Tax Digital for CT; to provide tax technical support and subject matter expert input into critical finance and business projects.
Day to day the role will include:
• Manage the process to deliver internal direct tax reporting including the preparation of direct tax provisions and supporting analysis for the annual statutory accounts, including full deferred tax calculations, and group reporting cycle
• Finalisation of direct tax computations for submission to HMRC (using One Source Corporate Tax) and dealing with HMRC direct tax queries including preparing elections where required
• Post the legal entity monthly tax charge and producing the groups consolidated tax charge and proof of tax. Also ensure direct tax balance sheet reconciliations are produced monthly, issues are monitored and resolved and reported appropriately
• Liaison with the offshore and onshore Finance teams for Oracle GL data analysis, evaluating opportunities for automation and driving process improvement
• Preparation for Making Tax Digital for Corporation Tax
• Assist with forecasting the effective tax rate and calculating the Group’s Payments on Account
• Understanding of tax procedures, risks and controls, with the requirement to notify any risks / failures in controls to the appropriate channel
• Ensure that core systems are fit for purpose for direct tax reporting and compliance
• Provide tax technical support and subject matter expert input into ad hoc finance and business projects
This role is based in Leeds can be worked on Hybrid minimum 2 days a week in the office - with occasional travel to London and Kent, will consider 4 day week or 5 days over 4. Good pension and benefits. Will consider applicants from practice or industry.