About the role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a VAT Manager to join our Tax team! In this role you will advise the business on Tax matters, particularly looking at any new initiatives within Customer and Channels, to ensure they are VAT compliant and efficient
You will be responsible for:
* Working with cross functional colleagues to understand what projects are in the pipeline, with a view to ensuring VAT is included in the scoping and design phase
* Collaborating with Technology, Finance, Commercial and Operations teams to provide VAT advice for any new business initiatives
* Providing VAT support and input on project implementation, including contributing to business requirements and user testing.
* Working with the VAT Compliance Manager to ensure all business streams report VAT accurately and all VAT liabilities are accounted for at the right time.
* Dealing with HMRC enquiries and audits as appropriate and keeping them informed of any new business developments. This includes sharing with them the necessary information to demonstrate how VAT is being managed.
* Providing VAT training to the business to ensure teams are aware of the VAT issues relevant to their part of the business.
* Monitoring changes in case law, legislation and regulations and communicating changes to the business to ensure that these are factored into new and existing initiatives.
You will need:
* Experience working within a large UK head quartered group or in a big 4 within the profession to UK plc clients
* Detailed knowledge of UK VAT law
* Accountancy and/or Tax professional qualification
Benefits include but aren't limited to:
* Annual bonus scheme
* Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
* Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and the company will match your contribution
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
* Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want