This a great opportunity to working for household name. You will be part of an experienced In House Group Tax team who are responsible for handling the VAT risk of Lloyds Banking Group as a whole. This role involves working as part of a team and would provide insightful, high quality technical output, advice and mentorship tailored to senior partner needs, operating as a Tax specialist.
* Provides a proactive comprehensive advisory and assurance service supporting senior peer group to ensure that the business is aware of the risks of non-compliance
* Handle relationships with important internal customers and act as their business partner, while taking mentorship from their senior peer group.
* Analyses key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business.
* Identifies shortcomings and suggests improvements, to deliver a plan for a small element of an organizational change program, with mentorship of a Project/program Manager.
* Develops procedures, controls applies policy for all areas of the business to achieve specified outputs to ensure compliance obligations are met.
* Provides advice to the wider business on application of policy, then monitors implementation of those procedures within the organization.
Skills and experience
* The job holder should have a strong detailed technical knowledge of UK law and practice in respect of VAT and a good understanding of the workings of HM Revenue and Customs.
* The job holder requires strong skills in negotiation, leadership, task and process management.
* Excellent oral and written skills with an ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
* High level of credibility throughout the businesses advised
* Ability to analyze complex problems or transactions and develop and implement solutions.
* Maturity and credibility to present the Group's case and negotiate its position with H M Treasury, H M Revenue and Customs, trade bodies and external advisors.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.