Direct Tax Manager role for large UK based business.
Your new role
I'm currently working on a great opportunity looking for a Direct Tax Manager to join the tax team of a business which has a large and complex group structure. Most of the business' entities are either 100% owned or joint ventures. The role will be multi-disciplinary but with a strong focus on corporation tax.
* Preparing and filing of all group corporation tax returns and related calculations
* Preparing and filing of all limited liability partnership tax returns and related calculations
* Preparing and filing of the group's corporate interest restriction returns
* Ensuring the group's compliance with RPDT legislation
* Calculating quarterly instalment payments (including RPDT payments)
* Maintaining and controlling the group payment arrangement
* Assisting with the preparation of year-end tax workings for the group and within entity financial statements.
* Calculating transfer pricing adjustments for inclusion in corporation tax returns
* Assisting with land remediation relief claims
* Assisting with R&D claims
* Assisting with employment taxes including P11D reporting, PSA and ERS filings
* Assisting with monitoring and maintaining the group's compliance with IR35/off-payroll working requirements
* Managing of the internal tax database, ensuring it is complete, up to date and accurate at all times.
* Supporting the Associate Group Tax Director and Group Tax Director in the SAO assurance processes relating to direct taxes.
* Assisting with the preparation and submission of the Group's SAO documentation
* Responding to queries from HMRC and external auditors
* Assisting the Associate Group Tax Director and Group Tax Director with any ad-hoc work
* Providing management, development and mentoring to the tax assistants in the team
* Responsible for ensuring that the various Shared Mailboxes are kept up-to-date by the team
What you'll need to succeed
* CTA qualified or equivalent (ACA, ACCA) with several years' experience in a Direct Tax role.
* You will have proven post-qualification experience preferably in practice but will consider individuals from Industry.
* A good knowledge and understanding of tax risk and controls.
* Personable and able to build relationships across the business at all levels.
* You have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
* You feel comfortable with communicating at all levels.
* The ability to guide, develop and manage colleagues in the tax department.
* You will need to demonstrate behaviours necessary to align with our corporate values.
* You will have an understanding and willingness to commit to extra work that may be necessary from time to time to meet deadlines as and when business needs require it.
* Experience within the Construction or House Building sector would be an advantage but is not essential.
* Knowledge of other taxes such as Employment Taxes would be a bonus but not essential.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.