I'm currently working with a magic circle law firm who are looking to recruit an International Tax Assistant.
I'm currently working with a magic circle law firm who are looking to recruit an International Tax Assistant for the Team. The Central Tax and Treasury team covers all aspects of external reporting by the firm as well as handling the payment of Equity Partner remuneration and the tax and statutory filings required to be made by the firm and its partners.
Reporting into the International Tax Manager your role will be responsible for the following:
Computation of Partner Tax Reserves:
* Assist with the computation of tax reserves to be withheld from partners on their global Firm profit share.
* Prepare profit and tax allocation schedules for individual offices.
Indian Tax Returns:
* Assist with the annual submission of Indian tax returns for all relevant entities.
* Collaborate with colleagues in various overseas offices to gather and collate data required for each tax return.
* Assist in dealing with Indian tax authority queries. Liaising with tax advisers and local offices where necessary
Withholding Tax Support:
* Provide withholding tax documentation to local offices as required.
* Liaising with HMRC and tax advisers for withholding tax support
* Assist with the reconciliation of Form 1042 and 1042-S which are required for the US tax return process.
* Prepare and update questionnaires to be sent to non-resident partners annually. Track and chase replies.
* Provide schedules to individual offices with data from the questionnaires to assist with resident and non-resident tax filings.
German Tax Support:
* Assist with the tax return process for non-resident partners based outside Germany.
* Correspond with partners to ensure all relevant information is obtained and communicated to tax advisers.
* Collaborate with colleagues in our overseas offices to ensure tax returns are complete and correct.
* Liaise with tax advisers to ensure that all filing deadlines are met, and queries dealt with in a timely fashion.
International Travel Review:
* Analyse the data required for the review of global travel for tax compliance purposes.
Total Tax Contribution Report:
* Assist with the analysis of the total taxes paid globally for inclusion in the Firm's total tax contribution report.
In order to be considered for the role it is likely that you will have the following: Qualifications:
* You will be either ATT qualified or studying towards your ATT exams.
* You will have good excel skills.
* You will have strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
* You will have strong inter-personal skills and be able to develop relationships with key stakeholders both inside and outside the department.
* You will be a strong written and oral communicator.
* You will have basic UK personal or corporate tax working knowledge; experience of international tax an advantage but not essential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.