The role of the UK Tax Manager will provide assistance and support to the Global Tax Controller
as well as the Transfer Pricing Director and International Tax Director. It will allow the
post-holder to get an excellent insight and experience in all aspects of corporate tax including
tax accounting & reporting, tax restructuring and the transfer pricing aspects of all aspects of a
● Assist the Global Tax Controller with monthly reporting, quarterly reporting, budgets &
forecasts to ensure global effective tax rates are understood and variances explained.
● Assist the Global Tax Controller with cash tax budgeting and variance analysis.
● Establish a network of global tax & finance contacts to ensure information requirements
can be effectively requested and managed.
● Assist the Transfer Pricing Director with ad-hoc duties which may include helping to
manage and reconcile the various management, royalty, franchise fee charge outs from
head office to affiliates.
● Help to develop and maintain TP policies and ensure consistent implementation of
policies across the group.
● Assist the International Tax Director with legal entity restructurings/simplifications and
managing the capital structure of the group via efficient management of cash repatriation
including management of withholding tax exposures.
● Seek opportunities to automate and utilise tax technology to maximise the team's time
All members of the Group tax team and tax colleagues at Standard Industries (parent
company). Also will be expected to work with members of the finance and legal teams.
Qualifications & Experiences Required:
● Ideally a Chartered Accountant or Chartered Tax Advisor but other qualifications or
part-qualified candidates considered.
● Proficient with google sheets, excel and general IT skills.
● Office based (Reading) 3 days a week.
● Overseas travel is possible but unlikely to be significant.