This role will be mainly advisory but will have elements of compliance giving you a well-rounded experience.
* Using demonstrable experience and a mindset for critical review, you'll seek and lead continuous improvement of tax processes and partner with key internal stakeholders to provide tax-consulting advice.
* You'll support the preparation and management of the compliance, and management of the other group companies' VAT affairs.
* Taking the lead, you'll be confident to manage UK VAT compliance.
* Influencing key stakeholders (including HMRC) and acting pragmatically and working collaboratively to ensure efficiencies.
* Engaging and working with VAT tool software provider(s) and IT personnel handling relevant internal systems.
* You are or have been in a direct tax role, either in a similar in-house role or within the accountancy/tax profession at a manager level with CTA ideally, or ACCA /ACA qualifications
* You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
* You can work under pressure in order to meet strict external and internal deadlines and can lead, manage and take ownership, using your own initiative
* You work proactively to bring new innovative solutions to business challenges
* You have the confidence to communicate verbally and in writing with staff in other departments at all levels and with external stakeholders e.g. HMRC, Group companies, advisors
* Intermediate Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel and Teams