ROLE: Indirect Tax Manager - FTSE250 Group
SALARY: £60,000 - £65,000 (+ bonus)
LOCATION: Midlands (Hybrid - Min. 2 days per week in the Office)
An exciting role working for a FTSE250 Group in London with a globally recognisable brand presence has come to the market. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with some in-house experience OR candidates in practice looking to make a move in-house.
As the Indirect Tax Manager, you will advise on VAT implications & advise business units across the group on tax related matters. You will also ensure that the group's filings are technically accurate, and review and implement process and tax efficiency savings across VAT & withholding tax. Along with being responsible for the preparation of the Partial Exemption Special Method and Annual Adjustments across the group, you will review technical VAT returns and ensure that the VAT and CIS reconciliations are reviewed monthly.
Taking charge of all things VAT (advisory & compliance) demonstrates that this role provides you with a breadth of experience and exposure.
* Supporting the Group Tax Director and the Senior Tax Manager to advise on VAT and SDLT implications on various land acquisitions, as well as advising the business units across the Group on tax related matters.
* Responsible for the preparation of the Partial Exemption Special Method and Annual Adjustments across the group, whilst being responsible for technical review of VAT returns.
* Responsible for meeting with the various business units across the Group on quarterly basis to discuss current issues and resolve reconciling items, including working with the tax compliance team to suggest and implement technical improvements to the assurance process.
* In collaboration with the Senior Tax Manager, ensuring that accounting systems and processes are up to date from a tax technical perspective & taking ownership for preparation of HMRC filing disclosures.
* Management of the Group VAT and CIS Registrations, including the SAO assurance processes across the VAT and CIS.
* Provide management, development and mentoring to the 4 Tax Assistants & support senior management with the technical tax training across the Group.
The ideal candidate will have several years' experience in an Indirect Tax role and will ideally be CTA, ACA, or ACCA qualified. The client would welcome candidates from practice or industry.
Along with a hybrid working model of 2 days per week in the office the clients' benefits include but are not limited to:
* Generous bonus scheme.
* 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) & the option to buy up-to 5 days annually.
* Private healthcare.
* Company contributory pension scheme.
* Life assurance (4x your annual salary)
Please send your CV for consideration. Or for more information, please contact me on or on 07562514078