Looking for a really exciting in-house role? This large FS group seeks a Head of Tax to help mould and develop a new in-house team. You will own and manage all tax for the group, ensuring it complies with all compliance obligations and that appropriate controls and processes are in place. You will build a centre of excellence and expertise in relation to tax, providing advice throughout the group. You will manage and develop a team. Day to day your role will include:
* Management of all taxes for the group across direct and indirect tax.
*Management of the relationship with HMRC.
* Oversight and management of compliance and reporting deadlines and accurate provisioning of tax liabilities in management accounts and financial statements.
* Coordinate SAO reporting.
* Ensure adherence to tax strategy as agreed by the Board.
* Seek and identify opportunities to reduce tax burden of the group through use of available reliefs and ensuring the activities of the group are structured in a tax efficient manner.
* Ad-hic project work including conducting tax reviews, enquiries and audits.
* Be an ambassador for tax governance across all business activity.
This role would suit a qualified tax professional - who has ideally already worked in-house but would consider someone from practice with sound tax reporting and FS knowledge. This is your chance to design an ideal in-house tax function from scratch. Hybrid working possible minimum 2 days in the Peterborough office.