This is an excellent opportunity for a junior tax person to move inhouse. In this Tax Associate role, you will join a tax team based in Alderley Edge. Reporting to the Indirect Tax Senior Manager your role will have responsibility for providing support across all taxes, so will have a number of stakeholders. This is great opportunity for the right candidate to start their career in tax, and grow in the role, with the expectation for the role to broaden over time, in line with the Tax Associate’s experience, to include:
exposure to more technical projects. In addition to this, there will be study support available to enhance on the job learning.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing ad hoc support across all taxes on both tax compliance and tax project work
• To assist with the preparation of VAT returns – to prepare an initial draft for review by the Senior Manager Indirect Tax Manager, and to undertake control checks. This is subject to experience, and it is envisaged that, with training, the individual will continue to develop and gradually undertake more technical VAT checks and reviews.
• To begin the preparation of corporation tax returns through inputting trial balances onto Onesource – again, with training, gradually taking on more corporate tax responsibility.
• Managing the VAT and corporation tax records and dealing with HMRC correspondence
• To assist with CIS and NRL returns.
• To assist with all tax compliance through communication with HMRC eg, Vat registrations.
• To help maintain robust tax records and processes, and to assist in the continual monitoring and review of process/risk register for the purposes of SAO and other governance requirements.
• To get involved in wider group advisory projects.
An ideal first role in-house - would suit someone with c 18 months UK tax experience.