Our client is a rapidly growing UK business in the engineering sector – they seek their first tax hire to join the finance team which is based in Central Manchester. In this role you will report to the CFO and lead on all tax matters including:
• Tax compliance and reporting - production of corporation tax computations for each member of the group, along with a Group consolidated view. Ensuring computations are submitted on time along with the iXBRL tagged accounts and ensuring payments are made on time.
• Group tax planning and ensuring losses are offset in the most efficient way.
• Tax governance – ensuring up to date policies and strategies are in place and that the processes around them are fit for purpose.
• Management of external tax advisors.
• Managing the relationship with HMRC.
• Lots of project work from R&D claims, to advice on entering overseas to mergers and acquisitions.
• Control of the VAT processes – review of VAT returns.
• Ensure relevant transfer pricing documentation is in place and being adhered to, especially as the Group grows internationally.
• Improving financial control around all elements of taxation and being the first point of contact for any tax queries internally and externally.
This is a classic group tax role with clear scope to progress and potentially build a team as the business expands. Would suit an experienced in-house tax professional or a manager or senior manager from a large accountancy firm. Experience of UK GAAP reporting would be an advantage