The company is a family business specialising in real estate and lending. As part of a small Head office team in Hampstead, the tax team looks after the tax affairs of the business as well as the family.
Tax professional sought to assist the tax manager with (mainly UK) compliance and the Head of Tax with advisory and implementation work.
This is an excellent opportunity for an interested and motivated individual to join a small in-house tax team sitting within an established London-based Finance Team that has responsibility for accounting, tax, compliance and regulatory issues across the businesses.
The role will provide ample learning and development opportunities across a breadth of taxes for a confident self-starter.
Specific Aspects of the role
* Assist with preparation/ review /submission of UK corporate tax returns.
* Assist with preparation/ review/ submission of UK partnership, individual and trust tax returns.
* Construction industry scheme preparation and submissions
* Assist with monitoring and improvement of governance arrangements
* Develop relationships with key stakeholders
* Assistance with analysing the impact of changes in legislation
* Reporting to the Head of Tax and working alongside the existing Tax Manager and Finance Directors.
* Supporting the directors with tax planning and structuring.
* Assistance with team projects - including data analysis and implementation
* Assistance with review of legal agreements in relation to tax and governance
* Tax qualified professional (CTA) with at least 1 year's general tax experience ideally having worked in a professional services firm or in the real estate sector. Although, more important is the desire and willingness to work across the breadth of UK taxes.
* Motivated team player. An ability to take ownership of completing tasks accurately and prioritising with minimum supervision - organised and attentive to detail.
* Experience working with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
* Competitive market salary
* Fully discretionary annual bonus
* Individual private healthcare
* Life assurance