R&D Tax Senior Manager, Technology Consultant, Big 4, London, permanent, flexible working
Do you want to use your R&D tax credits knowledge and IT experience in a creative and analytical way? Then this exciting new opportunity is perfect for you!
Your new company
In this firm you'll get to work with fantastic high-profile clients across a full range of sectors. You'll work with exciting, pioneering businesses, some of which are household names. Not just that, countless opportunities will arise to try out new things and to shape your career in a way that suits your skills and interest. This firm has a collaborative and supportive environment, which promotes inclusion, diversity, and equality of opportunity. This includes a focus on fair work allocation, promoting flexible working, and sharing resource across the national network.
Your new role
You will be working with high profile clients primarily from FTSE 350 global companies to help them claim R&D tax credits based on their innovative technology-focussed activities. You will be working within a diverse team comprised of experienced technology, science, engineering and tax specialists.
Your primary focus will be to work alongside the clients' software engineers across a range of industry sectors. As part of this role, you will gain an insight into the technology challenges that companies in the UK are facing, especially as businesses across a wide range of sectors look to digitise their existing business.
* Liaise with the technical leads, developers and architects within the clients' companies to discuss their project portfolio with a view to identifying the key technology challenges faced during a specific claim year(s). Lead these discussions with the support of the technical associates to identify which of the activities undertaken meet the R&D Guidelines.
* Prepare and review technical summaries describing the innovations and technical challenges within the projects undertaken by the clients to illustrate their qualifying R&D activities.
* Establish and maintain strong relationships, with both existing and new clients.
* Ensure you are a strong team player and effective contributor.
* Support more senior colleagues pursuing new business opportunities.
* Build an internal network within the wider firm.
What you'll need to succeed
Skill and Experience:
* A degree in IT, Computer Science or similar, to 2.1 level or equivalent.
* Previous experience of helping clients claim R&D tax credits
* Experience as a software developer or technical architect.
* Experience of working on and resolving typical technical challenges faced by technologists
* Ability to research, extract and understand complex technical information and excel in articulating the information in a concise manner (both written and verbal) for technical and non-technical audiences.
* A passion for technology and possesses the ability to learn about how different technologies are developed and applied within a range of industries / sectors.
* Project management experience and be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks, switch priorities and focus as required.
* Experience working collaboratively within different multi-disciplinary teams whilst being focussed on delivering excellent outcomes to a range of stakeholders.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, which enable you to actively participate in structured discussions with both technical and finance staff.
* Experience / knowledge in a range of the following technical areas would be beneficial: Software design and development technologies, Data science, Big Data, Cloud technologies, Architectural patterns, Middleware technologies, DevOps tooling.
What you'll get in return
Many varied work schedules available that suit your needs. Working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams. Other benefits including car allowance, private medical insurance, remote GP service, health assessments, and the list goes on.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.