Financial Services Tax Manager job, permanent, London, top 10 firm, flexible working
Your new company
This top 10 firm's Financial Services (FS) Tax practice provides tax advisory, transactions and compliance services to a variety of clients in the Financial Services market ranging from large international banks, asset managers and insurance companies to UK based private equity and alternative funds, as well as start-up fintech companies.
The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and are looking for an enthusiastic Tax Manager to join their expanding team to help support the delivery of these services and enable them to further develop their offerings. The role will be focused on working with other team members to deliver a wide range of tax services to their financial services clients.
Your new role
As a Tax Manager within their Financial Services Tax team, you will:
* be given significant exposure to clients, working alongside large and complex financial institutions to manage their tax compliance obligations.
* lead client relationships and, together with the senior team, deliver solutions on standalone advisory projects. You will also facilitate a smooth compliance process for key clients, with the associated ad hoc advice.
* support business development, which is fundamental to our success. You'll be involved in growing the business whether that's through identifying opportunities on existing clients by developing the client relationship or winning new work.
* be a role model for junior members of the team, supporting and championing their development and being involved in our coaching and upskilling efforts.
* be working within a high performing, specialist financial services team that will support your development and enable you to thrive.
What you'll need to succeed
The minimum criteria you'll need is a professional qualification (CTA / ACA / ACCA or equivalent), and to be confident managing a portfolio of clients. It would be great if you also had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, we'll help you develop along the way.
* A strong desire to gain and continually improve knowledge of the sector, its products, operations and taxes
* You'll have post-qualified experience working in a corporate tax team, in practice or in industry, managing projects
* Solid, up to date knowledge of UK corporation tax legislation
* Experience in reviewing work and supervising staff in a tax environment
* Evidence of managing corporation tax and/or partnership compliance portfolios and strong project management skills
* Excellent communication skills in supporting the team and delivering work to clients
* Be flexible in order to juggle client commitments and meet deadlines
What you'll get in return
They are happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, they'll support you to balance your work and life.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.