Employment tax manager job, big 4, permanent, London, flexible working
Your new company
This big 4 firm is looking for experienced employment taxes specialists to join their dynamic and rapidly growing practice. They are providing an exciting opportunity to work in a stimulating environment, with an exceptional team, advising a prestigious client portfolio.
This successful and expanding team continues to experience rapid growth. This means that there is ample room for career development and progression. They will provide you with the tools to reach your full potential and beyond, with no barriers. They foster an inclusive environment to enable their people to achieve their aspirations whilst working with the best in the market.
Your new role
* Assisting clients with understanding complex tax law/HMRC's interpretation;
* Assisting clients with identifying employment tax matters that could impact the success of corporate transactions (e.g. supporting with due diligences);
* Researching employment taxes case law and precedents;
* Providing advice on the tax treatment of all aspects of employee remuneration, such as salary, equity, benefits and expenses;
* Commitment to building and maintaining employment tax technical knowledge by attending structured development programmes and supplement by additional independent reading/research;
* Assisting clients with HMRC liaison and disputes;
* Delivering quality advisory work to clients. For example, drafting correspondence to HMRC, participating on annual compliance projects, drafting advice to clients on various employment tax matters and considering the tax implications of proposed remuneration structures;
* To have an active involvement in client meetings and lead where appropriate;
* To focus on your personal and technical development. They take development very seriously and you will benefit from continuous training and a transparent, interactive on-going 360 review process; and
* Working and managing effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution and not their presence and made to feel comfortable to bring their true self to work.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll have excellent interpersonal skills - someone who has an ability to deal effectively and establish rapport with people at all levels. You'll bring out the best in others and be a brilliant listener. You'll grow their business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
Key skills and attributes:
* A strong understanding of current employment tax legislation, being qualified or part qualified with ACA, CTA and fully qualified at ATT;
* Ability to analyse and apply current and new legislation to specific client scenarios;
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
* Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
* Strong client engagement and management experience with the ability to develop new business;
* Strong business acumen and commercial awareness;
* Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context; and
* A team player first and foremost, with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available as well as other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.