Our client is a UK based Group in the construction sector. They seek a qualified tax professional (ideally ACA, ICAS, ACCA or CTA) to join an in-house tax function. What differentiates this opportunity is that the position is part of the succession plan for the Group Tax Manager and could lead to a Head of Tax Role.
Applicants will be considered from a range of backgrounds; you might be an ACCA who is studying for CTA and currently working in an accounts role with some tax; you might be an Assistant Manager in corporate tax or VAT in a larger accountancy firm or perhaps in mixed tax. You won’t be expected to know how to do all the aspects of the role immediately and will be trained on the areas that you don’t know. Day to day this tax team deal with:
• Preparation of the VAT returns.
• Preparation of the Corporate Tax Returns.
• Attendance at Divisional Board Meetings.
• Advice to the business on CIS, IR35 and other employment tax issues.
• Management of the payroll function and of the tax relating to the firm’s share scheme.
• Managing the relationship with HMRC and external advisors.
• Dealing with a wide variety of practical queries about tax from within the business.
• Management of risk for tax and ensuring processes and policies are in place.
• Project work such as tax for joint ventures and acquisitions.
This role is office based in Lincoln and includes parking (and is near a train station). This is a friendly finance team looking for a practical tax person who will enjoy being at the heart of a successful UK business.