Specialist law firm looking to recruit a Trust and Tax Manager.
Your new company
I'm currently working for a specialist law firm that offers legal advice across a range of services. They are known for their personal service and high level of expertise. As a result of growth they are now looking to recruit a Trust & Tax Manager for their team.
The Trust and Tax Manager will have day to day responsibility for the administration of a number of trusts for which they will be the named fee earner. Each trust will have a Partner with overall responsibility.
Reporting to the Head of the Private Client Department the day to day work will include:
* Preparation of annual accounts and income tax/CGT returns;
* Preparation of IHT returns for exit charges, ten year charges and on termination of life interests;
* Arranging payment of tax;
* Dealing with FATCA and CRS;
* Registering trusts on HMRC's trust register and maintaining the register;
* Dealing with any other annual compliance requirements for trusts;
* Liaising with investment advisers and other asset holders;
* Liaising with trustees and beneficiaries by email, telephone, video call and (from time to time) in person;
* Attending annual trustee meetings where appropriate;
* Dealing with changes of trustees;
* Being aware of key dates e.g. birthdays of beneficiaries and meeting deadlines e.g. for the submission of tax returns and payment of tax;
The Trust and Tax manager will also have day to day responsibility for the preparation of annual tax returns for beneficiaries and other clients including obtaining the relevant information from the taxpayer and others and advising on the tax payments to be made.
What you'll need to succeed
* Qualifications: ATT or CTA a plus a good knowledge of Word and Excel is essential;
* A good knowledge of CCH tax and accounting is strongly desired;
* A minimum of 3 years' experience Able to work individually as well as part of a team;
* Excellent time management and organisation Attention to detail and consistency;
* Able to manage a busy workload Excellent written & oral communication Self-motivated and able to work independently and without continual supervision.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.