The VAT Team is part of Group Tax and is responsible for handling the VAT risk of the business as a whole. This role involves working as part of a team and would provide insightful, high quality technical output, advice and mentorship tailored to senior partner needs, operating as a Tax specialist.
* Provides a proactive comprehensive advisory and assurance service supporting senior peer group to ensure that the business is aware of the risks of non-compliance
* Handle relationships with important internal customers and act as their business partner, while taking mentorship from their senior peer group.
* Analyses key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business.
* Identifies shortcomings and suggests improvements, to deliver a plan for a small element of an organizational change program, with mentorship of a Project/program Manager.
* Develops procedures, controls applies policy for all areas of the business to achieve specified outputs to ensure compliance obligations are met.
* Provides advice to the wider business on application of policy, then monitors implementation of those procedures within the organization.
Skills and experience
* The job holder should have a strong detailed technical knowledge of UK law and practice in respect of VAT and a good understanding of the workings of HM Revenue and Customs.
* The job holder requires strong skills in negotiation, leadership, task and process management.
* Excellent oral and written skills with an ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
* High level of credibility throughout the businesses advised
* Ability to analyze complex problems or transactions and develop and implement solutions.
* Maturity and credibility to present the Group's case and negotiate its position with H M Treasury, H M Revenue and Customs, trade bodies and external advisors.
What we can offer you in return?
You'll be rewarded with excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity!
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
* A Discretionary Performance Share Award
* Generous pension contribution and 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
* Private health cover and access to Share Schemes
You'll learn new skills and be given opportunities to grow and develop to help you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. We're a very supportive team who care about your wellbeing. Our Hybrid ways of working means that you can find a work-life balance that suits you, with a mix of home and office working. The expectation currently is that you work a minimum of two days a week in the Office.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organization.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.