The purpose of the role:
* 1. Supporting the Technical Compliance Manager by performing UK tax compliance and tax audit work relating to the group and companies & partnerships established by the company in connection with the group's investment funds.
* 2. Supporting the Technical Directors with all Technical work arising from the group's retail and institutional investment funds, including transaction support and fund design.
This is an outstanding opportunity to experience working within a high calibre team across a diverse range of taxes and tax issues and will provide the chosen candidate with wonderful experience.
* Organising and undertaking tax compliance and tax accounting work relating to the business;
* Organising and undertaking tax compliance and tax accounting work relating to the companies and partnerships established by the business in connection with a portfolio of the group's investment funds;
* FACTA / CRS reporting;
* Supporting the Technical Compliance Manager with the group's and fund's tax forecasts and tax payments;
* Dealing with notices and correspondence from HMRC, including certain HMRC enquiries;
* Supporting the Technical Directors across a portfolio of funds and balance sheet investments which will provide the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of tax consulting and tax design activity including transaction tax work across all the major taxes (Corporation tax, Income tax, VAT and Inheritance Tax).
Ideal Role Requirements:
* Part qualified ACA or CTA or compliance experience gained within the accounting profession or commerce;
* Genuine interest in tax and commerce;
* Experience in the preparation of corporation tax computations and returns. Knowledge of Alphatax an advantage
* Experience in preparation of partnership tax returns an advantage;
* Able to prepare tax disclosures for companies in accordance with FRS102;
* Team player
* Ability to work to multiple deadlines and prioritise workload to ensure task completion;
* Good interpersonal and communication skills;
* Integrity and discretion; and
* Excellent attention to detail.