FTSE 250 business services group looking to recruit a Senior Tax Manager for its group tax function.
Your new company
FTSE 250 business services group is looking to recruit a Senior Tax Manager for its group tax function. This would be an ideal role for someone who is operating at a Senior Manager grade within a professional services environment and who is looking to make their first move in house.
Your new role
You will have a solid grounding in terms of strong tax technical skills. However, given the key objectives of the team in building strong links with the business and partnering with the people outside of the tax function, you will need to have a highly commercial outlook and an ability to balance tax and commercial concerns.
You will also need to have excellent inter-personal skills, and an ability to build strong relationships with non-tax people. The role will involve a high degree of contact with senior individuals, from the Head of Tax to the CFO, market FDs and senior leaders within the business. Therefore, strong communication skills and an ability to deal effectively with senior stakeholders will be key.
On a personal level, you will be passionate, hard-working and driven.
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Tax, the role will be responsible for implementing key tax projects and initiatives and supporting the Head of Tax in delivering the overall objectives of the tax team. The role will drive partnering with the wider business and overseas markets to ensure that tax is at the table for key commercial discussions and that the business is well supported on tax issues - covering the majority of the group's overseas markets. Responsibilities will span all corporate tax issues including transfer pricing, managing ad hoc tax issues and opportunities as they arise, supporting on business initiatives or M&A and running any tax projects that may arise in those markets.
* Support the Group Head of Tax on key initiatives;
* Run key projects to deliver the objectives of the tax team;
* Support the business on restructuring or M&A activity;
* Partner with the business to ensure that tax concerns are factored in to commercial decision making; and that business initiatives are well supported from a tax perspective;
* Maintain and develop the group's relationship with HMRC;
* Deliver and enhance the group's transfer pricing policies worldwide;
* Support where needed on forecasting and external reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
* ACA / CTA qualified;
* Strong international and UK corporate tax expertise;
* Experience of working in an in-house tax team for a large multinational or advising such businesses in a Big 4 / Top 10.
* Some experience in employment taxes an advantage, but not required.
What you'll get in return
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious individual who wants to really develop their career and to work in a role that will have a significant profile and presence within the organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.