Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the General Manager Finance ,Treasury &Tax , the person will undertake tax analysis, compliance, reporting and planning/advisory responsibilities and help to provide a tax shared service for the company including their branches outside of the UK as well as some group entities in Netherlands and France. The successful candidate will work with the Tax lead of other UK group entities to fulfil the shared service deliverables of the company.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities :
Responsible for all aspects of UK corporate income tax and UK indirect tax compliance/advisory for the company and permanent establishments domiciled in EMEA and liaison with branch staff and tax advisors to ensure local non-uk corporate and indirect tax returns are filed accurately and on time. This includes but is not limited to the following:
* Responsible for all aspects of corporate income tax and indirect tax compliance for the company and permanent establishments domiciled in EMEA. This includes but is not limited to preparing and/or reviewing tax returns and tax provisions and ensuring the timely tax payments to tax authorities .
* Prepare corporate tax returns by gathering and analysing financial accounting information, and work with external advisors for the review of the returns including French and Netherlands entities .
* Prepare the tax disclosures in the statutory accounts of UK entities and tax computation for quarterly reporting packs to parent company and other UK group entities within agreed timetable.
* Prepare and review quarterly instalment payment calculations with the view to group relief credits.
* Responsible for Large and Complex business communication with HMRC-CCM covering SAO certification, publishing tax strategy for the group, CIR, CbCR notification to UK and some European tax authorities
* Responsible for project tax advice in the UK and overseas including PE assessments. Advising sales teams on withholding tax, VAT/GST, personal income tax and corporate tax consequences of operating in certain overseas countries including need for indirect and direct tax registrations (working with advisors on non-UK tax advice where needed). Ensure advice is implemented correctly and in line with Group Tax strategy
* Proactively promoting awareness of tax issues across the group and building relationships with key stakeholders in all jurisdictions covered to achieve that goal.
* Ensuring a close working relationship with HR to ensure the Group's employment tax and social security obligations are met, including the identification and implementation of employment tax policies and procedures.
* Support GM to build strong relationship with tax advisors and tax authorities in the UK and other EMEA jurisdictions.
* Prepare and update transfer pricing local files to meet local TP regulations in the EMEA region for UK and some of the companies in the Netherlands and France .
* Update Intercompany Service agreements to meet OECD TP guidelines and local jurisdictions rules.
* Prepare specific claims such as R&D tax credits and capital allowances claims for the review of tax advisors and work with business units to identify grants/subsidies available from UK and European union .
* Participate in Tax planning for Business re-organisation and location analysis .
* Work with Group Tax team in Japan to co-ordinate EMEA tax strategy and organise workshops on tax compliance and policies for EMEA entities.
* Qualified Tax professional with good UK Corporate tax experience as well as indirect tax and ideally European/International tax experience including Netherlands, Germany and France
* Experience in using Alphatax software .
* Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
* Excellent tax reporting knowledge with sound IFRS knowledge.
* Reasonable knowledge of the evolving tax environment following BEPS and subsequent EU and OECD proposals.
* Ability to distil complex tax technical situations into practical and implementable guidance to support new business developments.
* Developing relationships with external advisors, group auditors and tax authorities