Newly created, part time Group Tax Manager opportunity - 3 days a week.
I'm currently working with a global boutique management consulting firm that is currently looking to recruit a Group Tax manager on a part time basis. AIM listed, the business continues to grow each year and is becoming a leading light and challenger brand in its sector.
Your new role
As the Group Tax Manager you will be responsible for:
* Providing greater corporate oversight of and rigour to the groups mainly outsourced tax advice.
* Working with local tax advisors to ensure all local corporate tax returns, claims and elections are submitted within statutory deadlines.
* Assisting the management accounts team with the calculation of quarterly corporation tax payments.
* Preparing corporation tax cash flow and payment forecasts.
* Assist with coordination and management of local advisers, and working with local advisers to prepare Group tax computations at each half yearly reporting period
* Manage and coordinate annual Group tax audits, including assessments of the tax treatments of share options and acquisitions.
* Assisting with the calculation and review monthly corporation tax provisions made across the Group.
* Assist with the development and maintenance of tax policy and governance procedures and work closely with various stakeholders within the business.
* Support the Group Finance Director with UK and global tax planning and advisory, including corporate restructuring and moving into new territories.
* Assist the Group Finance Director with ad hoc international projects, including Transfer pricing and R&D claims.
* Supporting the business with M&A activity, reorganisations and tax due diligence
* Keep appraised and keep the business updated on all tax related matters, ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed and up to date with relevant legislative changes.
* Advising the CFO in future tax planning and guidance on the Group's effective tax rate.
What you'll need to succeed
* Qualified accountant ACCA/ACA/CTA
* Strong core knowledge of tax accounting under IFRS, corporate tax principles and processes.
* Excellent Excel skills capable of working with complex spreadsheets
* Experience of US and/or French tax and indirect tax experience is helpful
* Ability to plan and manage time of yourself and others to meet tight deadlines
* Strong interpersonal skills at all levels through the Finance team and the ability to excel in a collaborative environment
* Preferably a 2:1 degree or higher and/or a strong academic background
* Ability to show initiative and work independently to resolve problems and produce results
* Ability to cope with demanding and fast-paced environment
* Consulting / Service industry experience helpful
* Business language fluency in English
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.