International Group seeks and experienced VAT professional. In this in-house role you will deal with:
• All aspects of UK VAT compliance including review and submission of VAT and statistical returns and liaison with HMRC.
• Manage the transition to a new digital VAT return solution and subsequently a new ERP for the UK.
• Liaise with internal project accountants and support functions to ensure appropriate VAT accounting and advice.
• Maintenance of Senior Accounting Officer VAT documentation
• Ensure taxes are appropriately considered and compliance obligations fulfilled in respect of the movement of goods within and outside Europe, including between GB and Northern Ireland.
• Oversight and monitoring of potential application of plastic packaging taxes (as this pertains to the movement of goods).
• Provide ad hoc VAT technical expertise and support including liaising with professional advisers.
• Deliver technical updates and training to the business – requiring the need to convey complex tax technical concepts in a non-technical, operational manner that can be understood by business recipients.
Ideally you will have a relevant qualification e.g. (ACA/ACCA) or tax qualified (CTA/ATT preferable). You will need large group indirect tax experience, strong systems skills and the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines, this may require you to flex your working hours at peak times throughout the year. You will be professional and team-orientated in approach and a confident and effective communicator able to within a truly diverse and global team.
Hybrid working available minimum 2 days in the office in Warrington.