Head of Tax for a Family Office
Outskirts of Chester £Excellent + benefits
This is a really exciting opportunity for a senior private client professional to work in-house. This is a key role in a Family Office which supports the shareholders of a privately owned business which operates in property, food and agtech and also provides advice to a range of agricultural, trading and investment businesses. In this role you will provide tax advice on private client trust and corporate tax matters. You will lead a team of tax professionals and will also work closely with other senior finance leaders and a property tax team (which is based in London). This role ideally requires a minimum of 3 days a week on site and some travel to London. Day to day this will include:
• Managing all aspects of taxation and structuring for the Family Office and associated businesses, including managing external advisors.
• Ensuring an effective tax compliance and advisory service is delivered to all Family Office clients/Trustees/family members and businesses.
• To manage the Family Office relationship with HMRC.
• Agree IHT charges and seek clearances as necessary.
• Consider and identify tax planning and structuring opportunities and requirements.
• Support businesses and other teams in the group on trading matters, investment structuring and support the Property Tax team on trust aspects of tax advice.
• Management and development of a team of tax staff.
This role would suit an experienced private client professional who has dealt with Ultra High Net Worth families and their complex tax affairs, or an Owner Managed Business specialist who has experience of considering trust taxation matters. You may currently work in practice or within a family office. Candidates looking to relocate will also be considered. A knowledge of UK accounting concepts is important and ideally evidenced by a relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar).