VAT Assistant Manager job, Tax, Top 10, permanent, London, flexible working
Your new company
This top 10 accountancy firm's VAT specialists work closely with colleagues across the firm to provide a joined-up service to a diverse range of clients, from middle market businesses to large corporations, combining expertise in accounting, audit and all relevant taxes.
Your new role
Working directly with the VAT Partners, Directors and Managers as an integral member of wider team, you will contribute to providing high quality VAT technical advice and solutions to both external and internal clients. This will include Identifying and advising on VAT planning opportunities and undertaking specialist technical assignments as required.
* Acting as the day-to-day point of contact for the client and practicing the principles of excellent client service at all times.
* Ensuring the assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions and carrying out more complex aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm's procedures.
* Ensuring VAT quality at all times as directed by the Partner, and assisting with internal and external quality assurance, ensuring any actions are completed in line with the firm's professional standards.
* Responding to clients' correspondence as a matter of priority, and keeping the client and Partner fully informed of the current status of the VAT work.
* Providing VAT consultancy services to all clients in relation to indirect taxes to ensure clients are always given the best advice.
* Responding to client requests in accordance with the firm's internal client charter and providing a consistently helpful and proactive service to clients.
* Maintaining an awareness of the firm's specialist services and publications to ensure effective client service.
* Developing an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and an awareness of the firm's services, brochures and publications.
* Recording time spent on each client's affairs using relevant computer software.
* Attending staff meetings and training as required.
* Maintaining an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm and reporting any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
* Carrying out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner.
What you'll need to succeed
* Good standard of education, particularly in Maths and English.
* Experience of VAT planning.
* Proven ability in handling VAT enquiries.
* Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available as well as other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.