Financial Services Tax Senior Manager Asset Management job, Top 10, permanent, London, flexible working.
Your new company
This top 10 accountancy firm's Financial Services (FS) Tax practice provides tax advisory, transactions and compliance services to a variety of clients in the Financial Services market ranging from large international banks, asset managers and insurance companies to UK based private equity and alternative funds, as well as start-up fintech companies.
They are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Senior Manager / Associate Director to help deliver tax services to their Asset Management sector clients, with particularly focus on UK open and closed ended funds and offshore funds.
Your new role
* Work with the partner/director, with responsibility for the management of a significant portfolio of asset management clients. Whilst the work is mainly tax compliance, covering both funds and asset managers, you would be responsible for the delivery of all tax compliance and advisory work, working with specialists in other areas or internationally as appropriate.
* Be responsible for ensuring the work is completed in adherence with the firm's QRM procedures and to deadlines for multiple engagements.
* Develop junior team members through on-the-job training and coaching.
* Be responsible for financial management including billing and debtor management.
* Use and assist with the ongoing development of the firm's Reporting Fund automation tool, where appropriate, for the preparation of the calculations, assisting with improvements to the tool and taking the tool to market.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and Experience:
* Professional qualification (CTA / ACA / ACCA or equivalent), and to be confident managing a portfolio of clients.
It would be great if you also had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, they'll help you develop along the way.
* Knowledge of the offshore funds' legislation and reporting fund regulations, taxation of UK OEICs, Investment trusts, VCTs and asset managers (both corporates and LLPs).
* Excellent tax technical skills and a desire to learn more in new areas.
* Strong commitment to client service, looking to add value at all times.
* Clear and effective communication style to work with clients and internal teams.
* Strong team player and good at managing others.
* Strong business development skills with a desire to grow the business and the team
* Proficient in using Alphatax and Excel.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available as well as other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.