I have been instructed on a Finance Manager position with a renowned transport company.
The role is an exciting advisory-focused role as well as reviewing compliance matters, and the opportunity to get involved with some Transfer Pricing and M&A.
This is an ideal role for a qualified individual looking to engage in interesting projects and will also suit someone looking for variation within their role.
The client is also offering excellent flexible hybrid working.
As Direct Tax Manager, you'll be the lead on various direct tax matters and tax projects for the team. This could include, for example group tax simplification projects and transfer pricing/ CbCR. You will be our tax governance lead, ensuring we continue to meet our SAO requirements, and that we are prepared for our next BRR. You will also be our direct tax team 'tax transformation and efficiency' champion, for example ensuring we prepare for MTD for corporation tax, and that we are aligned with business process owners.
This is a highly technical role, requiring excellent in-depth technical knowledge and an enthusiasm to look at various direct tax areas. You'll help ensure that the business complies with tax legislation and provide high-quality technical tax advice on a pro-active basis. This role reports directly to the Head of Tax, as part of a tax team of 8.
Building strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders, you'll have proven influencing skills, with the ability to simplify complex tax issues and communicate effectively at a senior level, displaying your broad knowledge of tax and commercial concepts.
Your responsibilities will involve:
* Supporting the Head of Tax in maintaining excellent relations with HMRC.
* Raising tax awareness within the business, identifying opportunities to reduce tax liabilities in line with genuine commercial activity.
* Answer discrete tax technical points, for example treasury tax.
* Managing projects, for example overseeing the group's R&D tax claim (managed by external advisers) and group simplification.
* Responsibility for our governance framework (e.g. BRR preparedness and overseeing SAO).
* Championing employment tax and corporation tax efficiency and supporting the team with change projects and implementing efficiencies.
* Acting as a peer review for corporation tax compliance and reporting.
* Other ad hoc work, such as responding to government consultations and tax queries from the business.
* Monitor changes in tax legislation and accounting for direct taxes.
* Provide tax training to the business.
These skills are essential:
* Qualified ACA / ACCA/ other accounting, ideally with CTA qualification and several years post-qualification experience in Tax.
* Excellent communication, and the ability to effectively work with senior stakeholders.
* Some level of corporation tax compliance/ reporting background/ experience.
* Time management and ability to balance competing priorities.
* Project management and business partnering skills.
* An enthusiasm for gaining experience of new areas.
* The ability to identify efficiency opportunities.
* Strong IT skills
Ideally, you'll also have:
* Proven experience working in a compliance and advisory role.
* A good knowledge of relevant software (Excel, SAP-BPC, Oracle, OneSource).
* Some level of experience of tax governance (not essential)