Interim Tax Accountant/Manager
Are you an immediately available Corporate Tax professional? Have you always dreamed of working within a world renowned renewable Energy business? Are you skilled in UK Corporate Tax compliance?
Look no further, a hugely interesting client of mine operating in the renewable's sector is recruiting for an interim Tax Accountant/ Manager for 3-5 months whilst they recruit permanently. This could be a good opportunity for any available corporate tax contractors or anyone interested in temp to perm opportunities. Main responsibilities will be preparing UK CT returns and some international tax compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Corporate income tax compliance & reporting:
* Ensure timely and accurate filings for UK and international direct tax returns
* Preparation of corporation tax returns for UK companies within the Group ensuring all relevant returns, elections, claims, and appeals are produced and submitted to HMRC on time, including R&D claims
* Preparation of work required to support UK tax returns filing such as preparing CFC technical papers, managing the timely iXBRL delivery, preparing technical papers to support material UK tax deductions, working on corporate interest restriction and capital allowance calculations.
* Support in preparing and filing applications to HMRC of Joint Amended Return and Group Payment Arrangements for the UK group
* Oversee outsourced service providers to ensure effective tax compliance across the overseas businesses
* Own and manage the tax compliance tracker software, ensuring it is kept up to date and that all tax compliance deadlines are met
* Monitor the UK compliance process on an ongoing basis and recommend areas for development or improvement, including drive for the automation of the tax compliance process
* Assist the Senior Manager -Tax Compliance & Reporting with write up of the group corporate income tax operating and technical manuals
* Assist the Senior Manager-Tax Compliance & Reporting with necessary support in special projects for the UK such as getting ready for Senior Accounting Officer regime
* Assist in year-end tax audit for the UK and overseas business and prepare disclosures for inclusion in the statutory accounts
* Provide appropriate current & deferred tax journals to Finance teams to ensure ledgers are kept in align with tax provisions, payments and returns
This will be 3-5 months in duration, paid on a daily rate of £400-£500 per day (possibly more depending on experience). To start ASAP. 2-3 days to be office based in the City of London.