Fantastic opportunity for a UK indirect Tax specialist to join a growing FTSE 250 retail group. Reporting to Group Head of Indirect Tax, this role will manage all indirect tax matters for the UK business (which includes operations in Ireland and Netherlands) with management of the UK Indirect Tax Assistant. The role is ideally based in London (Camden) or can be in Birmingham (Rubery) 2 to 3 days in the office.
Accountability and Tasks:
* Providing Value Add business advisory service on indirect tax matters across the UK business
* Managing / taking ownership of the VAT compliance processes and tax returns reporting, ensuring remains timely and accurate and any issues are resolved / communicated with the business.
* Managing UK Indirect Tax Assistant, setting objective and managing deliverables.
* Working with Group Head of Indirect Tax and key stakeholders to implement longer term processes as part of the indirect tax strategy impacting how UK business manage its indirect tax affairs.
* Support Group Head of Indirect Tax on key projects which impact UK and global group, such as SAP 4 Hana and DigiPOS.
* Provide training and raise awareness of indirect tax matters
* Manage / mitigate risks and identify / optimise opportunities and tax savings.
* Complying and reviewing Product Liability adhering to BRSA, monitoring changes in legislation and / or within the business and ensuring that group continue to comply, or initiate / negotiate changes with HMRC.
* Liaising and building relationships with key stakeholders within the business, tax authorities and third parties.
* Keeping abreast of legislative and case law changes, analysing and advising, as well as implementing changes i.e. post BREXIT, Customs Duty, MTD compliance, product VAT liability.
* 7 years + VAT experience gained in an industry role
* Experience of SAP or other ERP system
* Must have good time management skills
* A self -starter, who takes ownership and must be proactive
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral
* Preferably have experience of Tax reporting tools
* Relevant VAT experience in the Retail sector.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.