Tax Manager EMEA Region
Senior Tax Manager - Tax Compliance and Reporting
The company is a global leader in the development and management of solar energy projects.
With solar set to increase tenfold in the next 20 years, we are well-positioned to capitalize on this growth. By joining the team, you will 'be the change' on the world's energy transition to a more sustainable future.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit as we continue to push the boundaries of an ever-changing energy landscape. By choosing a career with us, you can expect a challenging and fulfilling role surrounded by people who are passionate and have brilliant ideas about sustainable technology, innovation and making the world a better place.
The company truly cares about creating a sustainable future through safe, responsible, and meaningful low carbon energy projects. Our core values are guiding principles for everything we do.
Creating and maintaining a long term, continuously safe and healthy environment is our top priority.
We are a company of uncompromising integrity and business ethics.
We respect the law, support universal human rights, protect the environment and benefit the communities where we work.
As a renewable energy company, we are part of the climate change solution.
We adopt a 'solutions' driven mindset throughout our entire business in order to stay ahead of the game in an ever-changing global energy landscape.
What You'll do (the role)
The Tax Manager EMEA Region, will take a lead role in the development, implementation, and ongoing management of the EMEA Region's tax compliance, reporting and governance process. In addition, you will oversee the EMEA regions tax due diligence and tax projects from a tax compliance perspective. Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager - Tax Compliance & Reporting, you will also play a supporting role in wider business tax initiatives such as forecasting & budgeting and transfer pricing.
Duties and Responsiblities
· Ensure timely and accurate filings for direct tax (such as CIT, WHT, Stamp taxes, Capital taxes) returns in EMEA region, along with timely direct tax payments
· Oversee country specific direct tax issues, including working with local finance teams and external advisors
· Oversee direct tax audit queries raised by local authorities and any tax controversy activities where needed
· Assess and ensure ongoing compliance with reporting requirements for the Group under anti avoidance rules e.g., DAC 6, MDR
· Ensure establishment of appropriate tax registrations and onboarding of entities on incorporation of new entities within market and on entering new markets
· Ensure all tax structuring and advisory matters are correctly reported in all compliance returns
· Proactively assess availability of tax incentives (e.g., R&D) and other relevant initiatives for the applicable jurisdictions and implement accordingly
· Preparation and ongoing maintenance of corporate income tax operating and technical manuals
· Oversight of all local taxes (excluding VAT and employment taxes) such as withholding taxes, property taxes, stamp taxes
· Monitoring local tax legislation changes in relevant jurisdictions and ensure changes are reported in all compliance returns and financial models
Reporting and accounting
· Provide tax disclosures for inclusion in EMEA subsidiaries local GAAP statutory accounts
· Provide timely tax forecasting and budgeting process for EMEA region
· Work with the Head of Tax Structuring & Advisory on the EMEA region's M&A and due diligence activities to ensure timely responses are provided to the Structured Finance teams
· Work with Transfer Pricing Manager as required to maintain the group's master file, local file and other transfer pricing documentation for all major intercompany transactional streams affecting EMEA region
· Participate in cross functional projects across the broader Finance team
Who we're looking for
KNOWLEDGE AND Experience
· Qualified tax professional with 5-8 years' experience
· Preferably in-house MNC experience
· Strong UK GAAP and IFRS tax accounting knowledge
· Corporate international tax experience and knowledge of issues such as corporate interest restriction, transfer pricing and DAC 6
· International experience / exposure essential
· Technically up to date with a good understanding of international taxation legislation and standards
· Ability to initiate and lead a project through to a successful completion engaging stakeholders throughout the process
· The ability to work in a fast paced environment
· A positive, people led mindset and inclusive way of working
· Can operate at both a senior financial level as well as in a more hands-on capacity as required
· Able to meet tight timeframes and drive continuous improvements
Why you'll make a great member of the team
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Ability to organize workload and prioritize to maximum effect
· Self-starter able to work under limited direction / supervision
· Flexible approach in a fast-paced business which is constantly changing, keep a clear head under pressure
· Business partner of choice
· Excellent attention to detail when checking information with an ability to recognize and question anomalies
· Pro-active and hardworking nature
· Team player able to successfully work closely with various finance functions and networks across geographies and commercial disciplines.
Why you'll want to work for us
Our company is a place where you can be yourself and grow, a place where your ideas and opinions matter.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive community, where every individual is valued and treated with respect.
Our culture is driven by our core values. From operating safely to ensuring our solar projects are responsible and promote biodiversity.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a variety of benefits including annual bonus, retention bank, health insurance, pension, and other local benefits.
Beyond your day-to-day working life, there's a variety of initiatives that will contribute to your own personal development. Initiatives to get involved with including our charitable causes, supporting our solar honey project or our net-zero by 2025 campaign.