Audit Manager job with big 4 firm in Cambridge
Looking to progress with your career within a Big 4 firm?
I am pleased to be working with one of the Big 4 firms in Cambridge who are seeking an Audit Manager to manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the audit process.
* To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and Audit Methodology requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
* Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, Audit Methodology and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
* Direct, coach and mentor assistant managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
* Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
Qualifications and Skills
* ACA or ACCA Qualified
* Proficiency in IFRS, UK GAAP and ideally US GAAP although not essential,
* Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
* Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures
* Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for a confidential chat about your career 07502377206