Corporate Finance Senior Manager / Director in Cambridge, Top 10 firm. Flexible working, PT or FT
Hays are recruiting a Corporate Finance Associate Director or Manager for their client, a Top 10 firm in Cambridge.
Every day this collaborative and proactive team, help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and what enables them to achieve their goals. They operate in a highly dynamic and fast-moving environment, managing multiple live transactions but also developing relationships with new business opportunities.
I am pleased to be working with this inspirational and dynamic firm and am seeking applications from self-motivated candidates who are seeking a progressive and exciting career within a strong team culture.
Flexible working, reduced hours and job shares are all open to consideration, the firm wants to support you to balance your work and life.
* Takes responsibility and ownership of client relationships at a higher level in the client's business, both in terms of scale of organisation and typically at Board level
* Manages client assignments that are sizeable in both to scope and scale
* Prepares and reviews Information Memorandums
* Is highly financially literate, and can perform high level modelling tasks
* Is competent in basic business valuation approaches and analysis
* Interpret and analyses complex information, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately
* Manages, motivates and coaches team members by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and completing timely performance reviews
* Inputs to deal structuring considerations and any strategic input clients may require
* Undertakes deal leader role on select assignments
* Effectively manages various parties within the transaction, resolving any conflicts which may arise
* Instils a risk management culture within the team as well as mitigating risk appropriately
* Identifies and evaluates risk management issues; mitigating risk appropriately
* Participates in external networking, from which to generate and convert leads
* Plays a role in marketing events, originating material and presenting to external audiences
* Manages situations in order to optimise financial returns for the client and the firm
* Leads business development initiatives
* Suggests innovative solutions whilst pro-actively identifying cross-selling opportunity
* Leads and facilitates discussions between individuals and groups in either a client or within the firm
The successful candidate will
* Ideally be professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent) - although this is not essential
* Ideally have relevant deal experience in a big 4, mid-tier accounting firm, investment bank or CF boutique
* Communication and relationship building skills with clients, targets and colleagues
* Analytical skills and the ability to commercially analyse financial data to develop an understanding of a company
* Strong Excel and Power Point skills to carry out financial analysis and prepare client and target documentation (e.g. IM, teaser, pitch decks etc.)
* Demonstrable practical experience of managing multiple deliverables, showing prioritisation skills and meeting deadlines within an expected time frame
* An interest in mergers and acquisitions and a particular sector are preferable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please contact Cara Whyte at Hays to for the full job specification or to discuss.
You can also click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.