This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small but rapidly growing independent firm which specialises in dealing with medical professionals. This is a modern, forward -thinking firm which can offer a great work life balance including remote working, flexible working (including term time hours).
Working directly to the principal you will have the opportunity to learn new skills including advising on NHS pensions. You’ll get the chance to train new graduates and there is scope for promotion.
Your role will include:
• Managing a portfolio of GP’s and locum doctors. Helping them navigate their tax affairs.
• Helping them plan and save for their tax liabilities.
• Advising on permitted expense deductions to optimise tax relief.
• Establishing and optimising their NHS Pension tiered rate.
• Preparation and submission of tax returns.
• Preparing Type 2 and Locum pension forms.
• Obtaining tax refunds on professional fees, subscriptions, certain exam costs and other allowable expenses for current and earlier years.
• National Insurance Contributions review and refund claims.
• Checking Tax Coding notices to minimise any unexpected tax at the end of the year.
• Annual Allowance pension tax calculations, Scheme Pays Election forms and ongoing review.
• Tax and accounting advice on property rentals and other non-medical source income and capital gains.
• Capital Gains Tax Reports for residential property disposals.
• Dealing with HMRC.
• Helping supervise graduate recruits.
Our client will consider a full or part time worker and can offer great flexibility. The ideal candidate will have a personal tax background with experience of dealing with small businesses and sole traders. Any experience of medical practitioners would be an advantage, but full training will be provided. ATT or similar tax or accounting qualification or qualified by experience.