EMEA Tax Lead for a market-leading Investment Bank.
Our client is an established US Bank that has a global presence. They are now looking to hire an EMEA Tax Lead to work in their growing European tax department. The role will be focused on advising key stakeholders across the firm's network on relevant and complex tax concepts.
On offer will be an exceptional salary package for working in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
* Provide expert advice to the Corporate Tax and EMEA Finance leadership
* Serve as the key point of contact for all tax risk governance and control matters, including embedding all processes and controls and working with leadership on tax control matters
* Provide advice, review, and consultation as to the reasonableness of regional direct tax calculations
* Oversee the day-to-day responsibilities for all direct tax advisory, tax strategies, and project management
* Serve as a point of contact for regional management, new product or business initiatives, transaction-related tax considerations, and regional external tax advisors
* Be a key contact and provide technical advice and support in dealing with tax authorities, as required
* Consult management on the potential impacts and requirements related to direct tax legislation (including OECD BEPS initiatives)
* Work with stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
* Provide technical income tax consultation regarding complex financial transactions and make recommendations related to income tax and accounting for income tax consequences
To succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Excellent communication and analytical skills to facilitate communication and collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders on relevant and complex tax concepts
* Highly effective at partnering and developing relationships across the organisation
* Ability to operate independently while driving continuous improvement across the function
* Relevant experience in the financial services industry
* 5+ years of relevant direct tax experience
* Effective skills to drive value, manage risk, and promote a culture of inclusion and development while being responsible for tax advisory, tax strategies, projects, and governance activities across EMEA
The next step
Please contact Dylan Cadger for a confidential discussion on +44 7585 968889