Front Office Tax Advisor for a market-leading Commercial & Retail Bank.
Our client is an established UK Bank that has a worldwide presence. They are now looking to hire a Front office tax advisor to work in their small tax advisory team to provide technical advice to the commercial and investment branch of the Bank. The role will be focused on advising cross-border DCM, Structured Finance and Derivative products.
On offer will be an exceptional salary package working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
* Support the provision of Group Tax transactions tax technical advice and documentation reviews, mitigating residual tax risks, and ensuring ongoing compliance with the Group's Tax Principles Policy. Approvals of new products and complex transactions.
* Assess and mitigate tax risks of all new products and complex trades, including cross-border issues, jurisdictional tax avoidance regulations and tax evasion, with its associated tax evasion reputational and regulatory risk.
* Work with managers / senior managers in assessing the tax risk (including reputational risk) arising from a range of projects and business areas
* Review transactions, and undertake the first review of new products for both the investment branch, Commercial franchises and often to tight transaction deadlines
* Advise on queries relating to transaction legal documentation (e.g. facility agreements and derivative contracts)
* Maintain front and middle office tax guidance and assist with the provision of coaching on tax matters
* Liaise with other Group Tax teams, e.g., VAT and Transfer Pricing and overseas colleagues,
* Provide technical support to Operational Tax Teams and Financial Crime
* Assist with the embedding of the Tax Principles Policy by Front Office teams including monitoring compliance; designing appropriate Management Information; testing controls
* Support Group Tax colleagues on ad hoc projects as required.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Previously worked in a fast-paced transactions/deals team from an advisory capacity
* ACA or CTA Qualified (or equivalent)
* Excellent communication skills and strong commercial decision-making.
The next step
Please contact Dylan Cadger for a confidential discussion on +44 7585 968889