An exciting opportunity to join a multinational conglomerate as a Tax Assistant Manager, based in Central London.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, this will be a broad role, working on both tax compliance and reporting, but also supporting on implementing major projects and initiatives with exposure to tax technology work.
* Draft provisions for UK statutory accounts including: tax account summary, group relief estimates, deferred tax calculations, tax reconciliations and preparing tax memos for the audit team
* Prepare UK tax computations
* Draft responses to any HM Revenue & Customs correspondence and prepare presentation slides for HMRC
* Manage the overseas tax compliance process by liaising with external providers and the group finance team.
* Ensure group meets its obligations from a country-by-country perspective including filing of local files, notifications, and the master file
* Assist Mixed Tax Manager with Global Mobility requests and other ad hoc employment tax related issues
* Providing transaction and advisory support to the Senior Tax Manager
* Supporting on ad hoc projects and supporting businesses with tax issues
* Providing technical support on new tax compliance obligations
* Work with the Tax Managers to improve tax processes and automate where possible
Skills & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent in an accounting or tax related discipline)
* ACA/ACCA or CTA qualification
* Interacting with all business stakeholders, explaining technical and compliant positions to non-tax individuals
* Ability to effectively prioritise workloads amidst conflicting deadlines and priorities
* Excellent communication skills in order to work cross functionally with senior management and build working relationships across multiple jurisdictions and cultures.
* Ability to work closely with team colleagues
* Ability to manage own work-flow