Really lovely local role in an expanding law firm based in Skipton in the Yorkshire Dales. Would suit an experienced private client solicitor or legal executive.
In this role you will be helping clients navigate their whole private client journey from pre-nups to wills, trusts, probate and power of attorney. You will be an all round trusted advisor dealing with HNW individuals, families, trustees, beneficiaries and local business people. This will include:
• Wills of all types from Instruction to Signature
• Lasting Powers of Attorney from Instruction to Registration
• Obtaining Grants of Representation, and administering and distributing Estates (including the preparation of Estate Accounts).
• Advising on Inheritance Tax planning, and implementing appropriate arrangements, including the preparation of lifetime trusts and other gifting (to include Deeds of Variation).
• Preparation and submission of Inheritance Tax Accounts and advising on Inheritance Tax liability, with particular reference to Agricultural and Business Property Reliefs.
• . Administering Lifetime and Will Trusts, including the preparation of Trust Accounts and Tax Returns and Deeds to alter or terminate trusts; attending to distribution.
• Preparing and submitting Court of Protection Deputyship applications and ancillary applications.
• Advising Attorneys on their duties and responsibilities and assisting where required
Skipton and the Dales is a popular retirement destination and the role often requires visits to clients at home, in hospital, or in a care/residential home.
A STEP qualification is preferred but is not a prerequisite. We would expect the successful candidate to actively pursue the full STEP Diploma if this has not already been obtained.
The position has excellent prospects for career progression for the right candidate. Full or part-time hours available