I am looking to source a Senior Tax Analyst for an interesting chemical manufacturing company based in Newcastle.
Reporting to the senior tax manager, you will be responsible for corporate tax compliance matters, as well as having the opportunity to get involved in advisory projects including M&A and tax planning for future tax legislation. You will also have the chance to lead on transfer pricing processes.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to broaden their exposure in different areas of tax.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Manage corporate income tax compliance for certain affiliates in the UK, Europe and APAC.
* Corporate income tax compliance activities include managing and coordinating with external advisors the preparation and filing of tax returns, calculating and making timely tax payments.
* Have strong UK tax knowledge to lead on processes such as transfer pricing, SAO, CIR, RDEC, Tax Strategy etc. on an ongoing basis.
* On a quarterly and yearly basis prepare tax provisions (current and deferred) for US GAAP reporting purposes (ASC 740) using Onesource Tax Provision software along with supporting analysis for FIN 48 positions and valuation allowances where required.
* On a yearly basis prepare tax provisions on an IFRS basis using Onesource Tax Provision software.
* Assist in preparing the Group's Masterfile and local transfer pricing files where required.
* Assist in managing tax audits in respect of direct tax matters. Includes dealing with enquiries from HMRC and other tax authorities as necessary.
* Support tax team on any ad-hoc projects that arise.
* Develop and manage effective internal working relationships with teams such as accounting shared services, legal and treasury.
* Develop and manage effective working relationships with external tax advisors across several jurisdictions for tax compliance, tax audits and advisory work.
Essential Job Duties / Responsibilities:
* Support tax team leadership in tax-related planning, including M&A, intercompany debt management, and planning for future tax legislation, such as Pillar II.
* Ensure that all provisions of ASC 740 are applied correctly and in accordance with US GAAP Principles, and according to the department SOX control framework.
* Evaluate proposed and enacted local country changes to tax law for their impacts on the company.
* Ensure the timely and accurate filing of all required tax compliance.
* Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in accounting or tax field.
* Master's (or other equivalent advanced) degree in accounting or tax field (strongly preferred).
* Qualified ACA (or equivalent). CTA a plus but not essential.
* 4/5+ years of experience in a large public accounting firm or large industry tax department required.
* Strong understanding and experience in accounting for income taxes in accordance with ASC 740 and/or IAS 12.
* Solid tax research and analysis skills.
* Experienced in UK tax matters.
* Exposure to European income tax matters preferred but not essential.
* Must have analytic, quantitative reasoning, and interpretive abilities.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Written and verbal communication skills essential.