Trust semi senior to expert level all applications considered London Hybrid Flexible Competitive Apply Now!
1. Main function of job
(Note: in addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.)
Become a key member of our Trust Team looking after the accounting, administration, and tax affairs of UK resident trusts. The work is varied and high quality and there is also the opportunity to become involved with non-UK resident trusts, deceased estates, and personal tax, if desired.
2. Main duties
* Preparation of annual trust accounts
* Preparation of self-assessment tax returns for family trusts
* Day to day trust record keeping and assisting with trust administration
* Calculation of tax liabilities and advising on payment of tax due under self-assessment
* Correspondence with clients, beneficiaries and HMRC
* Assisting managers with routine trust planning, such as utilisation of losses and distributions to beneficiaries
* Responsible for the annual compliance work on his or her own portfolio of clients and willing to assist with the training and mentoring of Apprentices
* Experience of charitable trusts would be advantageous
3. Equipment used
A working knowledge of CCH Trust Accounts and CCH Personal Tax would be advantageous, but training will be provided. The firm uses CCH Practice Management System.
4. Qualifications/education required
The successful candidate is likely to have at least 2-3 years' experience of working within the private client department of an accountancy or legal practice. Ideally with experience of trust accounting and administration
Qualified or studying towards/willing to study towards ACCA, CTA or STEP
Some experience of charitable trusts, probate work, estate accounts and personal tax would be advantageous but not essential
5. Particular aptitudes / skills required
⦁ Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision
⦁ Takes care to produce reliable work to a good standard with a keen eye for detail
⦁ Organised, accurate timesheet recording and monitoring of own chargeability
⦁ Shows initiative and seeks help with any potential issues identified
⦁ Excellent IT skills along with a willingness to adapt and evolve in this digital age
⦁ Motivated, resilient with a positive outlook and a willingness to learn and develop
8. Values and behaviours
Our Values and behaviours are based on
We really want to attract and retain individuals who share our Values:
The firm with the family feel. Express gratitude. Smile. Be humble and confident. Have fun.
Change is imminent, and business is imperfect. Be open minded & agile. Assume positive intent and exercise the power of positive thinking.
Each individual matters and will be heard and respected. Honesty, integrity, empathy and kindness are fundamental.
We support what is important to you and show kindness in our behaviour to each other. We encourage each other to realise our potential.
We strive to be the best, innovate and always do exceptional work. That's who we are and what our clients deserve.