Our client is an AIM Listed company. Reporting to the Indirect Tax Compliance Lead and working as part in the Indirect Tax team you will be responsible for the robust accounting and reporting of financial information relating to Indirect Tax as well as being a key part of the process in the preparation and submission of VAT returns across the European entities in the group.
Prior experience within a Tax role is not essential as full training will be given however we are looking for a passionate individual who is interested in a career in tax. Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently whilst recognising the importance of teamwork is also key.
Support the Indirect Tax Manager and Indirect Compliance Lead to ensure that all indirect tax queries and compliance obligations are met. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Timely preparation and submission of VAT returns across the European entities, to include submission of the UK return and co-ordination of submission by third party advisers for other European returns. Includes the preparation and oversight of associated reports such as Intrastat, EC Sales list etc
• Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions
• Part of the month-end close and co-ordination of VAT related system tasks and processes.
• Assistance with monthly reconciliation of all VAT related balance sheet control accounts, including accurate summaries, timely resolution of reconciling items including advising on & actioning recoverability of aged items.
• Assistance with forecasting of VAT return cash inflows & outflows, following prior trends and incorporating current business activities.
• Provide support in the year end financial audit for all Indirect Tax queries and deliverables.
• Support the Indirect tax manager in providing day to day assistance to internal stakeholders on any VAT queries as and when they arise.
• Support the Indirect Tax Manager and the Indirect Tax Compliance Lead on any external audit requirements.
• Continuously review our systems and processes to maximise tax reporting capabilities and ensure compliance. Work with the VAT Compliance Lead to review our operational tax processes to create efficiencies and enhance reliability over accuracy of VAT reporting.
What you’ll need:
• Ideally studying towards or possessing a relevant qualification: ATT, AAT, ACA, ACCA or CIMA or a recent Finance Graduate.
• Ideally with 1-2 years’ experience in an Accounting/ Finance role
• Prior experience within a Tax role is not essential as full training will be given
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of financial and accounting principles
• Strong analytical and interpretative skills
• Ability to identify issues, be proactive and subsequently problem solve through to resolution
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality output in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written. Able to clearly articulate finance concepts to non-finance colleagues
• The position requires someone who is highly computer literate, with excellent Excel skills - attention to detail is key.
• Teamwork is essential in this role therefore you must be team orientated and able to maintain positive, supportive relationships with your colleagues at all times.