A major bank is recruiting a senior tax manager to join their team. Working in an advisory, front office role, the successful candidate will be exposed to high-profile, captivating tax work.
This will be an excellent experience for someone who wants to join a distinguished team and contribute to significant transactional work.
* Support the provision of Group Tax transactional tax technical advice and documentation reviews, mitigating residual tax risks, and ensuring ongoing compliance with the Group's Tax Principles Policy. Approvals of new product and complex transactions.
* Assess and mitigate tax risks of all new products and complex trades, including cross border issues, jurisdictional tax avoidance regulations and tax evasion, with its associated tax evasion reputational and regulatory risk.
* Monitor relevant global tax developments (esp. across EU and US) and keep front office teams' knowledge and awareness up to date (and relevant functions such as Legal and Portfolio Management)
* Assist in broad variety wider Group Tax projects - e.g. from internal and external tax reporting; to business and function restructuring; to scoping change in law impacts
What you'll do
* work with managers / senior managers in assessing the tax risk (including reputational risk) arising from a range of projects and business areas
* review transactions, and undertake the first review of new products, often to tight transaction deadlines
* advise on queries relating to transaction legal documentation (e.g. facility agreements and derivative contracts)
* maintain front and middle office tax guidance and assist with provision of coaching on tax matters
* liaise with other Group Tax teams, e.g., VAT and Transfer Pricing and overseas colleagues,
* provide technical support to Operational Tax Teams and Financial Crime
* assist with the embedding of the Tax Principles Policy by Front Office teams including monitoring compliance; designing appropriate Management Information; and testing controls
* support Group Tax colleagues on ad hoc projects as required.