Leading technology and services business looking to recruit a Group Tax Accountant for their small tax team.
Your new company
Leading technology and services business.
Your new role
Working closely with the Head of Tax and the Group Tax Manager, the Group Tax Accountant is responsible for a varied in-house tax position, comprising of a mix of corporation tax / direct tax, VAT / indirect tax and employment tax.
On top of the mix of tax work, this person will get involved in a varied role with a mix of tax compliance, tax advisory, tax business partnering and tax project work. This is a role and a team that offer fantastic training, development and progression, and is ideal for someone looking to take the next step up in their tax career.
* UK Corporation tax, including R&D (Research and development) - managing external and internal stakeholders but no technical expertise required
* UK VAT - compliance (liaising with external compliance advisors) and advisory (assessing issues received from the business and support them with tax advice)
* Foreign VAT and statistical reporting in eight foreign tax jurisdictions - combination of in-house compliance and managing external advisors
* Withholding tax reporting for a branch in Singapore
* PAYE Settlement Agreement reporting, Appendix 4 (employment taxes)
* Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) preparation - keeping the tax register up to date on an on-going basis
* Tax accounting - review of UK balance sheet reconciliation of tax accounts
* Support of Transfer Pricing documentation completion - CBCR (Country-by-country reporting), Master file, Local files Ad-hoc internal Transfer Pricing audits
* Transfer Pricing compliance log - maintain a compliance log for TP documentation required across the Group
* Group companies waivers - royalty, dividend, interest exemption certificates - review and management of their availability in a proactive manner
* Group compliance overview - review and management of the tax compliance tool
What you'll need to succeed
* The company are looking for someone with experience in either corporation tax / direct tax, or in VAT / Indirect tax. Experience in both is not needed as the team is willing to train this person on the other area.
* Ideally you will be part-qualified or newly-qualified (ACA / ACCA / CTA / ICAS / ATT / AAT) and you will have strong communication skills given the need to partner with different areas of the business.
* Crucially this person must be ambitious and keen to learn, as the plan is to train the Group Tax Accountant in many areas and upskill them so they can quickly progress to a Tax Manager role. As such this position is a great opportunity for someone looking for an in-house tax role which offers fantastic development and progression within a great business.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.